Sunday, November 11, 2007

240-Robert

Over most of my adult life, whenever I've been in a conversation about old TV shows that were great but never stood the test of time, I've usually mentioned "240-Robert". I've always been met with blinking eyes and the sound of crickets chirping. No one, and I mean no one, has ever remembered it. This has happened enough in my life, today in fact, that I've begun to think maybe I'm just crazy. I've never looked it up on the internet because frankly, I've never thought about doing so.

Well, the die is cast. A few keystrokes later and I've proven to the world (but mainly to me) that I'm not a loon. It was real. It happened. And I was there. Thank you, most wonderful internet and Superstu's website, for helping me live another day in sanity.

"240-Robert was a television show that originally aired in 1979 on ABC-TV. It featured the heroic rescues of the Emergency Services Detail of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. 240-Robert originally starred John Bennett Perry (Matthew Perry's father), Mark Harmon and Joanna Cassidy."

4 comments:

George said...

Dude, I cannot believe we've never discussed this. 240-Robert was one of my all-time favorite TV shows. In fact, in middel-school Alan and I used to dangerously rappel out of this huge tree at his house as if we were Trap and Thib performing some daring rescue on a cliff. Man, that was a great show!

George said...

Oh yeah, I saw that you photoshopped me into the chopper. Too bad you didn't know the rappelling story or you could have put me on the rope.

Ferdlings said...

No way. No way we spent 4 years in college and 3 years in Nashvegas together and 240-Robert never came up. "Tales of the Gold Monkey" maybe, but not 240-Robert. I can't believe you know this show. All this time I thought I was alone and yet... you know.

Kyle said...

I remember that show.
It was stupid.