Friday, December 21, 2007

Concerts

My buddy Kyle-o posted about concerts seen and unseen and it got me thinking. I wish I had kept an accurate record of all shows I've seen. It would be interesting to know that I saw Hootie & The Blowfish at a frat house in college only to see them get huge in the years to come. Here's a list of concerts I've seen that I gathered from the ticket stubs I've kept. I've added opening acts if I could remember and if they mattered. The number after the show is how many times I've seen them.

AC/DC, Aerosmith, Amy Grant 2, Autograph, Billy Joel 3, Blind Boys of Alabama, Bob Dylan, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Bon Jovi, Buddy Guy, Charlie Peacock, Cinderella, The Cult, David Wilcox, DC Talk, Def Leppard, Dick Dale, Don McLean, Dream Theater, Drivin' & Cryin', Elton John, Every Mothers Nightmare, Firehouse, Foreigner, Giant, Guiffera, Indigenous, Indigo Girls, James Taylor, Janet Jackson, Jennifer Nettles Band, Joe Satriani, John Denver, John Hayes, John Mellencamp, Journey 3, Junior Brown 3, Kenny Wayne Shepard, KISS 3, Kris Kristofferson, Kristen Hall 2, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Melissa Ethridge, Metallica, Michael W. Smith 2, Mothers Finest, Mr. Big 2, Mylon & Broken Heart, Neil Diamond, Pearl Jam, Petra, Poco, Poison, Quiet Riot, Rage Against the Machine, Ratt 2, Red Elvises, Rich Mullins, Ricky Martin, Robert Earl Keen 4, Rush 6, Russ Taff, Sarah Brightman, Seven Nations 3, Skid Row, Steve Taylor, Stryper, Ted Nugent 4, Tom Petty, U2, Usher, Van Halen 2, Wes King, White Cross, WhiteHeart, Willie Nelson, ZZ Top 2.If anyone out there has any that they know I've missed, I'd like to know.

12 comments:

Kyle said...

I'm so happy you jumped on this. You mentioned a couple I had forgotten. Like Jennifer Nettles before she became Sugarland.
That's great.

Kyle said...

Oh! Didn't we see Skid Row twice?
We did! I know we did.
G'ville and Queen City.

Ferdlings said...

I thought Uncle Ted was twice on those dates. Skid Row was just Greenville, I think.

Ferdlings said...

You know what, you're right. I think your right. Because Rob missed Skid Row the first show and saw them the second. Maybe he can confirm but I think you're right. I guess that drops my Ted Nugent viewings by 25%.

Kyle said...

The first Kiss Farewell show was with Uncle Ted and Skid Mark, but the second show was after hunting season so Nuge wasn't there... The skids played both shows though.

Kyle said...

Red Elvises?
How many times did you see ZZ Top????

George said...

Ricky Martin? Jeeeeze!

George said...

Here's some you forgot:
James Taylor
Robin Crowe
Fuchas Taken
Kim Hill
Bella Fleck and the Flecktones
Chagall Guevea
Every Mothers Nightmare
Brian Duncan
Lowell Alexander
Mylon Lefevre and Brokenheart

Here's some I can't recall if you were also at:
Stephen Curtis Chapman
Geoff More and the Distance
Petra
Russ Taff
Jag
10,000 Maniacs
That jerk who wrote “American Pie”

George said...

Oh yeah, what about Stryper, Charlie Peacock, Wes King?

Ferdlings said...

I've updated I few that I missed. Important shows, you know, like Poco.

Kyle said...

Effing who?

Anonymous said...

what about FOGHAT?!!!!