Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Moments in time...

This moment may be brief, but it can be so bright...
Reflected in another source of light.
When the moment dies, the spark still flies...
Reflected in another pair of eyes.


I was sitting at a red light today. I was the first in line waiting to turn left. My mind was replaying the events of the day and what I needed to do once I got home. One of my favorite U2 songs came on the radio, "Where the Streets Have No Name." I turned it up and forgot about all I had going on in my world.

As the light changed for the other traffic at the intersection, I noticed a car turning to it's right on my left, heading the way I had just come from. It was a woman and as she was turning and passing by, I saw her mouth the words: "I want to run... I want to hide... I want to tear down the walls that hold me inside." I know that's what she was saying since it was the lyrics to the very song I was listening to.

The exact same experience at the exact same time... in two different worlds heading in opposite directions.

What do you make of that?


6 comments:

Charlotte said...

In a related story, we sang Where the Streets Have No Name at the Mission Conference this weekend. About two hundred people in one room singing the same song.

OK, so not as cool as your moment in time, but definitely a moment. A U2 moment. For me 2.

George said...

Further proof that good old '80's music is still way better than most of the stuff on the radio today.

Alan said...

Well, it is after all, the craziest day of the year. Say, on another note, I was reading a list of your favorite books posted on your profile. I was fascinated by one you listed as "The Price of Tides". Just how much is Tide running these days anyway? Sounds like a gameshow segment with Bob Barker.

Charlotte said...

The best thing about "The Price of Tides" is that if you click on the link, you'll find that there are two or three other people out there who love that book as well. Small world.

Ferdlings said...

Hey... check Google. "The Price of Tides" earns 3,790 hits. OK, you got me, I meant "The Price of Trides".

Anonymous said...

I have witnessed thousands with you at Death Valley... Only the best of times!