Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The "Tag, Your It!" Book Thing

There's these posts floating around on monster blogs (such as George, Charlotte, Rick & Kyle's) about opening a book to a certain page and sentence and seeing what you get. I assume it has something to do with Synchronicity or Serendipity or something cool like that.

Here are the rules:

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

I've broken two rules. I'm not tagging 5 people, since they are all here, and I cheated. Not on purpose, mind you, but the first book to my right is the "Adobe Acrobat 5 Bible" and page 123 is no good. A chapter heading for Chapter 4, I think. After a quick spin around hoping my eyes would fall on something cool I ended up at Michael Crichton's "The Andromeda Strain."

"Take up a harmless bacteria - such as the organism that causes pimples, or sore throats - and bring it back in a new form, virulent and unexpected. It might do anything. It might show a preference for the aqueous humor of the inner eye, and invade the eyeball."

So... there it is.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Not as gross as the yellow fever posting, but disturbing none the less.

Kyle said...

Yuck. You're nasty.