Monday, April 21, 2008

Block House Steeplechase

This weekend, I learned the difference between a horse race and a Steeplechase. A horse race is a flat, oval track where horses race. A Steeplechase is a non-flat, non-oval track where... well, horses race. I also learned that the horses don't actually "race". The horses just go... the jockeys race. They race the horses but the horses aren't the ones racing... just the jockeys.

Here we are. (transportation provided by the Broad River Correctional Institute.)





4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Someone actually owns a Cheerwine cooler. That is awesome. We had a Squirt cooler, but we lost it at a tailgate party.

Anonymous said...

So now you're drinking (I reference the grill assembly blog) and going to the track? Wow, you've really taken a dive south! What's next - wife beating? Just kidding. I'm glad you learned the difference in a horse race and a steeplechase (and educated the rest of us peons who never knew the difference). Looks like fun!

Ferdlings said...

Kelly: Hmmm... drinking and at the track... when you put it like that, it's doesn't sound so impressive. But I won 15 bucks at the track! (which means I was only down 5 bucks)

Anonymous said...

At least that's enough to buy your next drink! Glad you had a profitably-nice time. I saw a recent picture of Sam on Charlotte's blog - what a cute little guy! And I love your comment about a hot dog inside fried chicken (I reference the sausage/pancake debate). You and Christine (my youngest daughter) need to have a discussion sometime - even though she's now six years old, all meat is "chicken" until proven otherwise. Pork chops (chicken) meatloaf (chicken) Barbecue chicken (chicken) oh,. . . wait. . . that's chicken.