Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Brush with a Tribute to Greatness

As seen on a post by everyone's favorite porkoholic, Kyle, we saw a Journey tribute band the other night. I'll spare you the details of how great they were since it would take too long. They really were fantastic and I hope to see them again. I found the guitarist on Facebook and sent him a message and he wrote me back! Here's how the correspondence went down:

Me: Saw you guys in Greenville, SC the other night. We've been talking about it ever since. Great show! Loved the guitar at the end of Who's Crying Now. Paul (guy in DIO shirt) Reaves

Him: Thanks Paul! We had a great time in Greenville! Glad you liked the solo! The first couple of weeks I did it, some hard core Journey fans hated it! LOL! I figure, I play most of the solos pretty close, so I wanted to try some something different to set me apart! Good to hear that some people like it! Keep in touch and see ya next time! Peace, Kenny

That's about it, I guess. The ball is in my court now for developing the relationship. Here's a clip of some of the tunes. They sounded pretty much just like the real thing even if they were a little fast.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

ALVIN!!!

Anonymous said...

New singer for the real Journey is supposed to be a Fillipino guy they found on YouTube.