Friday, July 18, 2008

Visit for Samuel

This past week we got a visit from a few of our relatives. My wife was out of town so my Mom came up to stay and help out with Sam. She pretty much ran the show... thanks Mom! On Monday night, Sam got a visit from his Great Uncle (who is quite great indeed), his first cousin once removed and his second cousins. As with most times like that you all say we should do it more often or we should spend more time together... stuff like that. But I'm reminded of the times when I was very young and would see relatives. It was always very fun. A little awkward at first, but by the end, fast friends. It was interesting for me to see that with my son and his cousins. He was a little stand off-ish at first but quickly warmed up. Maybe the bubbles had something to do with it. Meredith and Christine: Sam still loves his bubble making machine. He knocks it over every day. We should do it more often!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Why is Meredith trying to shove Sam down into that swing? : )

Good times - glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

The girls have insisted that I check your blog every day to see if you posted their pics. Thanks for posting! And thanks again for a nice visit . . . we should do it more often!