Thursday, February 14, 2008

Victor Wooten

Good times last night with Kyle and Rob and the Victor Wooten show. I was truly amazed at the guy's ability as a bass player. He must have been born with the thing around his neck. In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that I tired a little of the continual progressive acid, "hey we all in different time" jazz type ballyhoo and Tom Foolery, however, the guy can play a bass. The whole band was superior on their instruments. Mr. Futureman drummer guy was even chewing gum! A no-no for drummers since it throws them off. Not Futerman man, though.

Here's a short clip:

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Great. What a great show.

George said...

I'm just sorry I couldn't make it. Thanks for rubbing it in. Nah, I'm glad a good time was had by all (well, almost all.)

Alan said...

Almost Stringbean Wilsonish.