Friday, October 26, 2007

Family Visit

My Uncle Clyde and Aunt Ann came down from North Carolina this afternoon to see us and and meet Samuel. (ok... so they just came to meet Sam, but we were there too) They didn't stay very long, about an hour or so, but as they drove off, I couldn't help but be reminded of how peoples lives circle into one another.It's funny, there are some people in your life that you seldom see but when you do you seem to pick up right where you left off. Like you were already in the middle of a conversation. We move through this life... we worry, we try, we press on... and every now and again (get ready for it, here it comes, you know I'm going to say it) we meet a wormhole. I remember Uncle Clyde from when I was very young and now here he is with my son. Maybe I'll meet my nephew's son one day... I hope his Dad is as happy and proud as I was.

Oh, and if Samuel has half the sense of humor as Clyde, he'll have a good head start.

1 comment:

George said...

It's always nice to get a visit from relatives. It almost as nice to be spied upon by a tiny man peering out of the window accross the street. (Yeah, I noticed.)