Monday, August 6, 2007

Hmmm...


I discovered that I can click on interests of mine in my profile and find other folks with the same interests. In the '80's that was called networking.... now it's called creepy, but that doesn't apply here. I found this on another blog...

I often wonder if people just never take take the time to appreciate the inherent humor that is the universe, or if they just don't get the joke. Everyone goes through life setting up the greatest joke ever told, but they never listen hard enough to hear the punchline.

I was clicking through ad nauseam and found that. I highlighted it to save and immediately closed all my windows for some unknown reason. You know that thought in your head while you're slamming your car door shut, "My keys are in there!", but you can't stop? That's it.

I love that. I assume he wrote it but it could just be from Calvin & Hobbes.

Maybe I'll luck up and find the guy again. But maybe that's not the point. Maybe we're just supposed to click in and click out and never really connect. Maybe someone will say something that they half stole from a motivational speaker they saw at a conference while waiting to go to the bar and someone like me will ponder it for days. I'd like to think I just found a profound statement. Maybe I just didn't get the joke.

This is what keeps me up at night.


No comments: