Saturday, August 18, 2007

Strong like Bull!

I've gotten into the habit of bench pressing my son. I do about five reps of ten presses each night. Granted it's only about 18 pounds but I feel the muscle burn. Not a big deal but if I keep it up, what will happen when he's 30 years old and weighs 250 pounds? I can't lift 250 pounds but I can lift 18 pounds plus what ever he eats that day. Where is the cut off? What day will I not be able to lift a fraction more than I'm lifting now?

I guess I should work on my lower body too so I won't look like an upside down pear.

4 comments:

George said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George said...

Upside down pear? What, are you walking on your hands now too?

Kyle said...

Is that the first time you've used the words "bench" and "press" in the same sentence?
I'm sure as long as he never gets bigger than a case of beer you'll be fine.

Kyle said...

I'm sorry Codsack. I don't usually jack the softballs out of the park, but it was just too easy.